Code of Ethics Training Requirements
NAR has mandated that all REALTORS® must complete a MANDATORY Ethics Training Program every three years.
The three year cycle began on January 1, 2022 and ends on December 31, 2024. All REALTORS® must complete two-and-a-half hours of Code of Ethics Training within this three year cycle, according to the NAR policy. Failure to do so will result in suspension of Association membership until the requirement is met.
There are many ways to complete your required Code of Ethics Training:
LICENSE RENEWAL: If you plan to renew your real estate license between January 1, 2022 and December 31, 2024, the ethics course included in your license renewal does satisfy this requirement.
ONLINE COURSES: Online courses are most convenient to assist in completing the code of ethics training requirements. There are several available online options and resources to assist you in fulfilling this requirement. Each course meets the specific criteria and learning objectives required for either new REALTORS® or existing REALTORS®.
NAR Code of Ethics Courses
Code of Ethics Course for Existing Members (Free)
- Customizable learning experience
- No final exam, members must pass module quizzes
- Specialized content for residential, commercial, and appraiser practitioners
- View your options for customizing this course
C2EX Endorsement for Existing Members (Free*)
- NAR's Commitment to Excellence (C2EX) program fulfills the Code of Ethics Training Requirement for existing members
- An Endorsement empowering REALTORS® to evaluate, enhance and showcase their highest levels of professionalism
Code of Ethics Course for New Members (Free)
- New members and individuals with a break in membership over one year are required to take this training.
- A new, updated version of the course is now available!
C.A.R. Code of Ethics Courses
FREE 45-Hour CE Package for C.A.R. Members
Have you already claimed and started your classes?
LOG IN AND CONTINUE YOUR CLASSES
You can also log in directly to www.onlineed.com to continue your classes.
Claim your FREE CE 45-Hour Package of Online CE Courses for your License Renewal. All packages meet DRE requirements for mandatory subjects and course categories. All packages below include an ethics course that also fulfills the REALTOR® Code of Ethics Training Requirement for NAR.